Scottish Solicitors Bar Association to host ‘trauma awareness’ CPD event
The Scottish Solicitors Bar Association is hosting a CPD event free to its members.
On Wednesday 30 June a distinguished panel will discuss “Trauma Awareness in the Criminal Justice System”.
The panellists are:
- Iain Smith (Keegan Smith, and Lawyer of the Year)
- Tony Bone (Tony Bone Legal, and former VRU police officer)
- Melissa Rutherford (defence and immigration lawyer, Rutherford Sheridan Glasgow)
- Kirsty Giles (psychotherapist at VRU)
- James Docherty (VRU mentor and project worker)
As a bonus, participants will also be able to view the Bafta award winning film ‘Warriors’, which offers a gritty insight into the impact of the care system on the young people coming into the criminal justice system.
To join the SSBA, email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.