Family / Private Client Lawyer
We are looking to recruit a qualified solicitor to join our Family and Private Client practice area.
We’re ideally looking for a family lawyer with 4 years’ plus PQE, though we will consider all applicants who meet the basic criteria set out below. It would be an advantage for the role, although not essential, for the candidate to have some experience of private client work, including dealing with executries.
The position is full time. It’s based at our new head office at 250 West George Street in Glasgow city centre. We support hybrid working – generally we expect our solicitors to be in the office at least three days a week - and flexible arrangements may be available.
Any applicant should meet the following criteria:
• Experience of all aspects of family litigation. We deal with routinely with both Sheriff Court and Court of Session work involving instruction of counsel; the candidate should have strong court experience and be confident with framing pleadings, and appearing in court. The role will involve the conduct of Child Welfare Hearings, debates and proofs.
• Solid experience in the areas of financial provision, contact and residence, relocation, and experience framing Minutes of Agreement,including pre-nuptial and pre- cohabitation agreements. Some private client experience involving executry work would be an advantage, but is not essential, as the focus of the role is on family law.
• Strong IT skills. We are a paperless firm. Solicitors should be proficient in MS Office and have experience of MS Teams (or equivalent document management/video conferencing systems) and case management systems. A laptop will be provided for work use only.
Livingstone Brown is a trading name of Livingstone Brown Limited, a limited company registered in Scotland (SC485380), with its registered office at 250 West George Street, Glasgow. The company’s directors are Stuart Munro, Julia Donnelly, Paul Mullen, Kevin Pike and Paul Sturdy.
• Ability to work as part of a team. We work collaboratively in an open plan environment.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent client care. Our clients are entitled to expect the highest standards of service.
The work of the practice unit
The Family Team deals for the most-part with privately funded cases. Our clients include professionals, and higher net worth individuals. We are actively developing this area of our business it is important that the candidate is commercially aware, and has the ability and desire to promote new business leads.
The practice unit is headed by Julia Donnelly, the firm’s chair, and a solicitor with over thirty years’ experience focusing mainly on family law throughout her career. She is trained as a mediator and in collaborative practice.
Salary and conditions
Salary is negotiable taking account of experience and ability and market norms. This role carries very promising long-term career development prospects.
We actively celebrate our colleagues’ differences in ethnicity, faith, gender, sexual orientation and social background. We want the best people.
If you’re interested, please email Julia Donnelly at email@example.com before 10 June 2023. All applications will be treated in confidence.