Location: Edinburgh (Hybrid Working Available)
Reports to: Head of Legal
Employment Type: Employee
Red Rock Power Limited is an investor, owner, operator and developer of renewable energy projects. Based in Edinburgh, Scotland, our growing team are passionate about generating clean energy and supporting the UK and Europe’s net zero ambitions.
Our current portfolio includes five part or fully owned wind farm projects, each at different lifecycle stages. Our operational wind farms – Afton (100% equity), Beatrice (25%) and Överturingen (50%) – have an installed capacity of 320 MW (RRPL proportion), while our development projects – Benbrack onshore wind farm in the South West of Scotland (100%) and Inch Cape offshore wind farm off the East Coast (50%) – will deliver an additional 570 MW.
We are committed to long term investment in the Scottish and UK market, onshore and offshore wind sectors in particular, and have strong growth ambitions to expand into the wider European market and other sustainable energy technologies. We are actively pursuing acquisition and development opportunities, including the offshore wind leasing rounds. Our Edinburgh headquarters puts us at the heart of the UK industry, while our team’s expertise and experience working on some of the world’s largest energy infrastructure projects allows us a unique opportunity to consider a variety of different opportunities and we welcome candidates to join us on this journey.
Red Rock Power was established in 2016 when SDIC Power, a global power generation company headquartered in Beijing, China acquired Repsol’s UK wind portfolio. For more information on Red Rock Power and what it’s like to work with us, visit https://www.redrockpower.co.uk/
Red Rock Power Limited is a leading energy company based in Edinburgh, established to invest, develop, construct, own and operate clean energy projects. The company is expanding to support the active pursuit of several opportunities across the European clean energy market and to support the development of key projects within the UK offshore wind and renewables sector.
We are currently looking to recruit a Corporate Legal Counsel. As a key member of the legal team reporting to the Head of Legal, you will support the Head of Legal and work alongside other members of the legal team, to support on legal and transactional aspects relating to the Company and its investments.
• Assisting the Head of Legal with Company, projects, operational and transactional matters.
• Assisting the Head of Legal with general corporate/commercial, and commercial contract advice and the identification and management of legal risks to the business and to its senior management, directors and shareholders.
• Involvement in legal aspects of UK and European energy related M&A transactions.
• Involvement in corporate matter, contracting, financing and other key aspects of UK offshore wind and renewable energy projects.
• Drafting bespoke agreements and the drafting and negotiation (and where relevant, in the management of external legal advisers in the drafting and negotiation) of share purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, commercial contacts and consultancy agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other agreements, as required.
• If required, supporting the Head of Legal with Company secretarial duties and ensuring good governance and compliance with all regulatory aspects.
• Monitoring and advising on regulatory developments within the Energy and M&A/ Corporate sectors.
• Researching and evaluating risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
Key Skills / Qualifications
• A qualified solicitor in Scotland or England and Wales, with relevant degree and post graduate qualification.
• An LLB from a UK university or equivalent law degree from another common-law jurisdiction.
• At least 2 years post-qualification legal practice experience (law firm or in-house), and ideally with broad experience gained in corporate, M&A, divestment or investment aspects of projects, infrastructure or energy/ renewable energy related matters.
• Experience of the renewable energy sector desirable but not essential.
• Highly motivated, ambitious and a commercially minded team player.
• Excellent technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• An understanding of relevant Scottish, English and European legislation.
What we offer
• An exciting opportunity to get involved with interesting projects and unleash your full potential
• A collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment
• Competitive salary and benefits package including annual performance related bonus, private health care, life assurance and 10% non-contributory pension
• A range of other social, health and wellbeing initiatives