Contract: 9 – 12 month fixed term contract or option to be a permanent role
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
As a complete provider of eye care services that has almost 130 stores and clinics, we provide patients with vision correction solutions from glasses and contact lenses to laser eye surgery and, Intraocular Lens solutions to overcome cataracts for example.
Over £400 million has been invested in our clinics and in the most advanced technology, so it’s no wonder we’re the number one choice for laser eye surgery & premium Intraocular Lens patients in the UK. Every week, our optometrists and surgeons help to transform the vision of thousands of people across the country.
If you’re looking to work as an in-house Solicitor for a market leader in a clinical field, then read on as we seeking an experienced Solicitor to join our in-house legal team here within our prestigious city centre office on St Vincent Street.
- Working as part of the in-house legal team, primarily focused on UK-wide medical malpractice claims.
- Being a Panel Solicitor and handling discussions with other Solicitor firms and Insurers.
- Managing pre-litigated and litigated cases, including drafting Letters of Response and Court pleadings, witness statements, as well as conducting consultations.
- Providing succinct advice/reports and obtaining instructions from client.
- Offering support and guidance in all legal matters where required within the business.
- Qualified Solicitor within Scotland, with current practising certificate from Law Society of Scotland.
- A solid understanding of medical malpractice/personal injury/litigation with experience of handling own litigated caseload.
- 1-5 years’ PQE minimum preferable, although we will consider NQ if correct attributes.
- Knowledge of English legal system.
- Experience of attending Sheriff Courts.
- Confident in working independently, but also work well within a team.
- Have excellent IT and administrative skills.
- Dual-qualification in English Law extremely desirable.
- Knowledge of business needs and willingness to research other areas of law, including contract, commercial and employment law.
- Experience of working in an in-house legal team.
- Medical terminology understanding would help, again not essential.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary or discounted optical products/procedures
- Career progression
- Onsite spa and restaurant
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
If this sounds like the role for you please send your up to date CV to email@example.com for consideration.
We are an equal opportunities employer