Senior Associate - Construction - 6+PQE – CMS
About the role
We are a highly regarded quality and friendly team and offer a great opportunity to work as part of our non-contentious team advising clients on all types of construction projects including commercial, retail, energy and infrastructure. Our work is client facing, varied, fast-paced and challenging across a wide variety of sectors working with developers, major institutional investors, public sector and education bodies, contractors, insurers and lenders.
From our Scottish offices, our team carries out work across the UK and internationally, providing the service that our clients need, where they need it so you will have the opportunity to work with clients in these areas.
You will have the chance to work with major institutional investors, local authorities, higher education institutions, contractors, insurers, bond providers, Special Purpose Vehicles facilities management providers and a range of construction professionals including architects, project managers and engineers on some of the highest profile projects in Scotland.
The role will involve:
- working as part of a team to provide first class, professional non-contentious construction advice for clients in a wide range of fields;
- working closely with our clients and their professional consultants when drafting and negotiating construction contracts, professional team appointments, guarantees and collateral warranties;
- advising on procurement routes and use of standard form contracts such as SBCC NEC, FIDIC and JCT;
CMS has a global footprint and all associates are given the opportunity to build a firm network through attending learning and development courses in other CMS jurisdictions with colleagues in other offices.
In addition to the above CMS actively promote CSR for all its’ employees and offer a wide range of social and sporting interactions across all its’ offices.
The ideal candidate will:
- be admitted as a lawyer to the Law Society of Scotland or the Law Society of England & Wales (6+ years PQE);
- have experience in construction or infrastructure projects;
- be hard working, enjoy a challenge and be happy to work as part of the team to meet deadlines;
- be keen and willing to attend business development events and developing their own network.
For further information or to Apply please click here