Litigation Solicitor, Debt Recovery, 5 years PQE + – Harper Macleod LLP
Harper Macleod’s Debt and Asset Recovery team is rated in the top tier for debt recovery in Scotland by The Legal 500. The team deal with all aspects of debt recovery for a wide range of clients including businesses, individuals and landlords. We are looking for an experienced solicitor to join our team.
The role will be varied and challenging and will involve:
- Advising on all aspects of pre-litigation action
- Raising court proceedings
- Appearing in the Sheriff Court in disputed actions
- Providing general advice on the recovery of debts, including bankruptcy, summary diligence and registration and enforcement of non- Scottish court orders
- Co-ordinating and delivering training, knowledge sharing and added value services
- Participation in business development activities
Skills and experience required:
- Litigation experience
- Experience in social housing and the ability to advise in relation to all aspects of recovery of possession, including eviction actions for rent arrears and antisocial behaviour (including advising clients in relation to antisocial behaviour orders, closure orders and interdicts)
- Experience in dealing with high-volume instructions and utilise online case management systems whilst still maintaining close working relationships with clients
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the sector
- Ability to work confidently in a fast-moving environment and able to handle a challenging caseload.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level advocacy skills
We are a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and which has delivered long-term growth in turnover and profitability. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career over a period which will bring exciting challenges and opportunities for everyone involved.
To apply please send a CV and current salary details to Rona Cargill, HR Director
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.