Family Law Solicitor (3-7 years' PQE)
Place of work: Glasgow city centre, West George Street
Contract type: Permanent, 35 hours
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit an experienced family law solicitor to join our busy family law team at Jones Whyte. Experience of progressing a range of varied family law matters and court advocacy is essential.
The ideal candidate is a client focussed, proactive solicitor with a positive attitude and flexible approach. They will be a strong team player with a caring and compassionate nature, particularly when dealing with emotional and sensitive matters.
The role within this growing team will be as a solicitor progressing all types of family law client matters independently, with partner level supervision. You will be required to progress a variety of matters for fee paying clients including: separation and divorce, financial provision, child contact, adoption and guardianship. Reporting to the partner leading the team, you will manage your own caseload and offer support and guidance to others in the team. You will be comfortable recording the time spent on client matters to ensure accurate client billing and credit control. You will be supported by trainee solicitors, secretarial and administrative colleagues. You should have experience of progressing family client matters in the Sheriff Court. Experience of Court of Session practice and instructing Counsel is beneficial, but not essential.
The role presents an opportunity for the right candidate to develop personally and professionally within the firm and gain promotion.
Jones Whyte LLP is a young, dynamic and forward-thinking firm. We invest in our staff and offer training and development far beyond the prescribed professional requirements. As we grow, we encourage our employees to grow with us and offer opportunities to work on business projects. We engage with our people to continually improve our processes, technology and practices to ensure staff are supported and clients receive the best service. Our recently acquired Glasgow city centre office offers a modern work environment with generous staff perks. We also offer true flexible working to enable a better work-life balance. Additionally, all of our people benefit from competitive salaries, bonus, company referral, holiday buy/sell and loyalty schemes.
The Successful Candidate will be:
- Managing their own caseholding of family law client matters
- Corresponding with clients and other solicitors
- Progressing client matters to litigation in the Sheriff Court and Court of Session, where appropriate.
- Responsible for written and oral advocacy of litigated matters, as well as instructing counsel and skilled witnesses where required
- Providing guidance and support to other solicitors and trainee solicitor within the department
- Supporting business development within the department
- Reporting to the partner leading the department on all matters
- Excellent knowledge of Court practice and procedures
- Experience of family law matters in Scotland
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Positive outlook
- Kind and caring individual, who is compassionate and empathetic of nature
If you wish to apply for this role, please follow this link here: https://joneswhyte.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=aee99ea6-0b14-4180-ab03-d404ac0c7284 or, please visit our ‘Careers’ section on our website at: https://joneswhyte.co.uk/careers/
When applying, please provide a CV and Cover Letter detailing your interest in applying for the role and why you feel you are a suitable candidate. Please also detail your notice period and salary expectations for the position.