Associate (Casualty - SHE & Regulatory)
Department: Casualty - SHE & Regulatory
Job Title: Associate
Clyde & Co is one of the UK’s fastest growing law firms with particular strengths in Insurance, Energy, Employment, Trade and Infrastructure.
Clyde & Co now have over 400 partners operating across 6 continents worldwide. The firm was awarded Law firm and Scottish Law firm of the year 2016.
Our team provides services to insurers, public authorities and emergency services, advising on employers, public and motor liability claims, plus a range of regulatory issues, primarily in relation to potential criminal proceedings under health and safety or road traffic legislation.
Our Aberdeen office is seeking an Associate to join our busy Casualty / Insurance Litigation (Defender) and Regulatory SHE team. We are looking for a candidate at NQ – 4 PQE ideally. Our PQE level is a guide and all suitable candidates will be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to develop their career within a focused but friendly team working for a rapidly expanding firm with an excellent reputation.
Essential Skills and Experience
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a drive to succeed and ideally have litigation experience. You will work with all members of the team and will be exposed to a variety of work, but predominantly acting on behalf of a range of insurance companies and self-insured commercial organisations.
You should be confident in handling your own full and varied caseload, assisting more senior members with complex claims as well as appearing regularly in the Sheriff Court. ASPIC and Court of Session experience will also be useful. A strong communicator with a strong proven commitment to delivering client focused work of the highest quality. You will have an excellent work ethic, clear attention to detail, and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Role competency requirements
- Technical legal expertise: the knowledge of the law and ability to apply it
- Research: the ability to conduct research effectively and apply it commercially
- Managing legal processes: the ability to ensure all legal processes are followed efficiently and effectively
People and Team
- Guiding individual performance and development: develops the skills of self and others
- Teamwork and collaboration: working cooperatively and effectively with others
- Leadership: creating high performing teams
Client Relationships and Business Development
- Building business relationships: establishing, maintaining and using relationships to create and develop business opportunities
- Commercial thinking: understanding the commercial drivers
- Cross-selling and business development
Finance and Practice Management
- Finance management and understanding of the business
- Project management: ensuring projects are delivered
- Knowledge sharing
- Clarity of thinking
- Personal contribution
We offer a competitive salary and a contributory pension scheme, together with agile (home) working.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Kerry.email@example.com