Solicitor – Scottish Social Services Council
35 hours per week
We are looking to recruit a permanent solicitor to join our Fitness to Practise department.
Working within a busy team you will:
- investigate allegations about social service workers
- carry out risk assessments and make decisions on them
- conduct contentious Fitness to Practise hearings involving the leading of evidence and legal debates
- conduct sheriff court appeals
- draft written pleadings or equivalent
- provide legal advice on the power, duties, procedures and responsibilities of the SSSC.
You must have:
- eligibility to hold a full Practising Certificate issued by the Law Society of Scotland
- experience of court, tribunal or regulatory appearance work
- experience of interviewing witnesses and taking statements
- experience of assessing or advising on risk
- experience of assimilating, assessing and distilling complex and lengthy information.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on 1 June 2018 quoting ‘Solicitor’ as the email subject. Interviews will be held at least two weeks after the closing date.