Solicitor (NQ-PQE 3) – CMS
We are looking for an enthusiastic qualified lawyer (NQ-PQE 3) to join our Energy and Projects team in Glasgow.
About the role
We are ranked tier 1 by Legal 500 for Energy and Projects and offer a great opportunity to work as part of a friendly team advising clients on all types of energy projects including onshore and offshore wind, district heating, energy from waste and combined heat and power projects as well as complex infrastructure projects in the transport, housing, education, health and waste sectors.
The transaction based work is client facing, varied, fast-paced and challenging.
The role will involve:
• Working as part of a team providing first class professional service for clients in the energy and infrastructure sectors, in accordance with the firm’s strategy and values.
• Drafting and negotiating documents, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team; organising and attendance at completion meetings across the UK and overseas.
CMS has a global footprint and all associates are given the opportunity to build a firm network through attending learning and development courses in other CMS jurisdictions with colleagues in other offices.
The ideal candidate will:
• be admitted (or be about to be admitted) as a lawyer to the Law Society of Scotland or the Law Society of England & Wales
• NQ - PQE 3
• Have some experience in renewables, infrastructure projects, and/or construction, of have had some exposure to these areas of practice during your traineeship
• We would also be interested in hearing from candidates with experience in local government, public sector and/or public procurement
• be hard working, enjoy a challenge and be happy to work as part of the team to meet deadlines;
• be well-organised and proactive;
• have excellent attention to detail;
• have good written and oral communication skills;
• be willing to attend business development events and start building their own network.
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.