Associate or Senior Solicitor (4 – 8 years' PQE) – Corporate & Commercial / Corporate – Brodies LLP
Edinburgh Corporate Partners
We currently have an opportunity for an Associate or Senior Solicitor to join our award winning and top tier ranked Corporate team based in Edinburgh. The work is always interesting, seldom straightforward and you will need to be able to understand and articulate the commercial reasons behind the legal work you will be doing. You will work closely with existing clients and also be part of the continuing efforts of the team to win new clients and business.
As part of the team, you will be exposed to a wide range of high quality corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, investments and complex private equity deals. Our clients come from a broad range of industry sectors and we handle all types of corporate transactions for UK and international clients, often co-ordinating multi-jurisdictional teams. Our experienced team acts for buyers and sellers, equity providers, management teams and targets. Our full service offering ensures that all aspects of the transaction are covered from investment to exit including finance, funding arrangements, tax and employment. There will also be opportunities to work on AIM and capital markets deals.
You will take the lead in drafting main transaction documents and project managing deals, as well as supervision of others within the team, in order to deliver exceptional service and results for clients.
In addition to general mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate work, you will have a strong interest in, and some understanding of, corporate structures and partnerships, cross border joint ventures and corporate reorganisations relative to groups of companies.
Our transactions vary and work assignments will depend upon the specific instructions we have at any one time. The following are illustrative but you can expect to be involved in advising clients and project-managing deals involving:
• M&A transactions and private equity transactions
• A wide range of other corporate transactions including joint ventures, investments, reorganisations, shareholder/investment agreements
• Advising clients on corporate governance issues such as director’s conflict of interest, board composition, trading issues and shareholder relations
• Advising clients on commercial contracts on occasion
• Providing corporate support to other teams within the firm
• Experience of dealing with complex and challenging issues
• Takes responsibility for managing own workload
• Works effectively with other team members and is able to supervise the work of those less qualified but can also work autonomously
• Committed to keeping up to date on changes in law and developments in practice area
• Works to understand the department’s key clients, the industry they operate in and the challenges they face
• Has excellent drafting skills and provides client advice that is well presented and tailored to their needs
• Maintains regular contact with the clients and shows understanding of the priorities for the client
• Active involvement in building the business through proactive business development activities linked to the department’s strategic plan
• Can work efficiently and to tight deadlines
• Communicates in a confident, clear commercially astute and relaxed way
• Takes pride in quality of work
• Takes responsibility for delivering quality client service
• Tailors approach according to client need/style
• Good communicator
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written skills
• Great legal knowledge
• Sound commercial awareness
• Proven track record in business development
• Excellent client relationship management skills
• Able to work efficiently and deliver to deadline
• Strong commitment to first class service delivery
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number BR659. If you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact Suzanne Ross on 0131 656 0156
Brodies is committed to equality, diversity & the creation of an inclusive work environment where no partner, employee, potential employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment. We value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients.
Please go to http://www.brodies.com/privacy-notice/if-you-are-a-job-applicant to understand in greater detail how we may use your personal information.