Govan Law Centre seeks solicitors to join our legal team in Glasgow. Competitive salary.
Govan Law Centre is seeking qualified solicitors with civil court experience. Experience in the legal fields of housing, homelessness, and public law would be an advantage.
These are full time posts, however, job sharing will be considered.
These positions will be based in our Govan office and will include provision of a variety of legal advice and representation for clients in terms of mainly housing, mortgage arrears and homelessness. It will also involve providing legal representation at court.
The successful candidates MUST :
- Hold a degree in Scots Law
- A diploma in legal practice
- An unrestricted Law Society of Scotland practising certificate
- Have good research and analytical skills
- Ability to work well under supervision
It would be desirable if the candidates had
- Knowledge and experience of issues relating to social welfare law
- Experience in appearing in court or tribunal settings
- Experience in dealing with vulnerable clients
- Experience in handling a large and varied workload
- Experience in working within a team setting
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position to: Candy Walker, Service Manager, Govan Law Centre, 18-20 Orkney Street, Glasgow, G51 2BX or by e-mail to email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 27THAPRIL 2018 AT 12 NOON
Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered.