About the role
The Competition and Trade team at CMS is looking for an Associate with ideally 3-5 years PQE, to be based in Edinburgh.
In addition to competition experience, the successful candidate should have a strong interest and experience in public procurement work, ideally with an EU law and/or public sector background.
The Competition and Trade team consists of 4 partners and a team of 11 other fee-earners and trainees across the UK. It is part of a wider Competition Group across CMS consisting of more than 150 competition lawyers worldwide. This is therefore an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their careers in a dynamic and internationally-focused team.
Principal roles would be advising on:
• Public procurement (both contentious and non-contentious)
• State aid
• Competition compliance
• Regulatory investigations
• Merger control
The ideal candidate for the above position will:
• have in the region of 3-5 PQE
• have a solid background and experienced in public procurement and competition law
• have excellent communication and drafting skills
• have strong commercial acumen
• be self-motivated and a team player
If you are interested, please apply online.