We’re looking for a Commercial Solicitor to join our team. Reporting into the Head of Legal, your primary focus will be to understand our business and its objectives, so that you can provide commercially-focused and practical legal support to our Commercial and Telecoms teams as we continue to grow. The role is based in Selkirk but home and flexible working opportunities are available.
This role involves:-
- Supporting and enabling commercial developments across the business by providing legal solutions on a range of legal, commercial and operational issues;
- Reviewing, negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts;
- Proactively engaging with our leadership, management teams and staff across the business;
- Working closely with our compliance and risk management teams;
- Ensuring that our fledgling telecoms business understands and complies with its legal and regulatory obligations; and
- Establishing an enduring contract management system.
Here at Spark, we do things differently. We’re the leading energy supplier for tenants and we work with some of the UK’s top letting agents to make household gas and electricity as simple as it can be. We started out in 2007 as a small but promising start-up company.
Today we have a turnover of c£140m and over 375 staff based at our offices in Selkirk in the Scottish Borders. We’re growing fast, as are our ambitions and vision to evolve into an holistic home services organisation; looking after, not only gas and electricity, but the broader services and utility needs and desires of the home-mover market.
Knowledge & Experience
- You’ll be proactive and commercially-focused, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills;
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and growing business;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, proactive and handle various projects simultaneously;
- Commercially focussed ;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- A broad understanding of consumer protection law and the legal/regulatory framework of domestic energy supply and telecoms;
- You’ll be a Scottish and/or English qualified solicitor with experience gained from a leading law firm and/or in-house commercial experience;
- Experience in a similar environment.
If you are interested in the role please email our team at email@example.com