Position: Solicitor/Senior Solicitor
Team: Construction & Planning
Solicitor/ senior solicitor – Glasgow
Gillespie Macandrew has an excellent opportunity for a lawyer to join their expanding Construction & Planning team. Candidates are expected to have up to 4 years PQE within a similar role. The post is Glasgow based.
Gillespie Macandrew are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about construction & planning and wants to work in a friendly, supportive, professional environment. Candidates will possess a desire to actively contribute to the success and development of their forward thinking, proactive team.
- Excellent technical skills, along with the confidence and ability to lead transactions at an appropriate level;
- Excellent client relationship skills in order to meet client expectations and to achieve repeat business for the Firm. This includes delivery to agreed standards and co-ordination of services for clients;
- Proactive and a self-starter, as well as an excellent team player with the ability to train and motivate other members of the team where appropriate;
- Possess excellent business acumen, with an ability to initiate and follow up on new business leads in order to aid business development plans;
- The ability to effectively plan and manage a high and varied workload;
- The ability to work in conjunction with the Partnership to achieve organisational goals;
- The ability to make decisions based on accurate analysis of complex evidence;
- The ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships both with internal and external parties;
- The ability to contribute to financial success by meeting (and exceeding where appropriate) agreed targets set out in the business plan;
- The ability to re-focus aims and priorities to meet changing business targets where appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilities
It is envisaged that the jobholder will work closely with their landowner and business sectors and will principally cover a range of property related work including planning, commercial and contract issues.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Advising on planning applications, section 75 agreements, development plans and environmental impact assessments, related appeals and judicial reviews;
- Contentious and non-contentious construction including advising on a range of construction matters including energy, infrastructure and/or property related projects/transactions and managing construction cases as well as advising on construction issues in relation to live projects;
- Acting on behalf of clients in construction and planning disputes and representing them in court if necessary;
- Taking instructions on behalf of clients and acting on these in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Working closely with other fee-earners in the team offering assistance with reading and research tasks;
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts related to the needs of clients;
- Attending meetings and negotiations with clients, Counsel and opposing parties;
- May be required to supervise and assist the department’s trainee solicitors, interns and work experience students.
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a full CV stating current remuneration to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd March 2018
Gillespie Macandrew LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and demonstrating that they value the diversity of their workforce.