GOVAN LAW CENTRE seeks a PROJECT SOLICITOR to join our legal team in Glasgow. Competitive salary.
Govan Law Centre is seeking a qualified solicitor with good civil court and, preferably, defended mortgage repossession experience. Experience in the legal fields of housing, homelessness, and public law would be an advantage.
This position is with our Ayrshire Homelessness and Prevention Service funded by the Scottish Legal Aid Board.
The successful candidate will work from our main office in Orkney Street in Govan but the Project Solicitor will be required to travel to various locations in Ayrshire on a regular basis. All travel expenses will be reimbursed. Regular court appearances will be required. This is a full time post, however, job sharing will be considered.
This position will include provision of legal advice and representation for clients in terms of mainly mortgage arrears, housing and homelessness. It will also involve providing legal representation at court.
The successful candidate MUST :
- Hold a degree in Scots Law
- A diploma in legal practice
- An unrestricted Law Society of Scotland practising certificate
- Have good research and analytical skills
- Ability to work well under supervision
It would be desirable if the candidate had
- Knowledge and experience of issues relating to social welfare law
- Experience in appearing in court or tribunal settings
- Experience in dealing with vulnerable clients
- Experience in handling a large and varied workload
- Experience in working within a team setting
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position to: Candy Walker, Service Manager, Govan Law Centre, 18-20 Orkney Street, Glasgow, G51 2BX or by e-mail to email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 2ND MARCH 2018 AT 12 NOON
Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered.