DAC Beachcroft Scotland specialises in insurance litigation and dispute resolution, commercial dispute resolution, private client and commercial law. The Glasgow Claims Solutions team are looking to recruit enthusiastic Solicitors in their disease and motor teams. The ideal candidates will have a litigation background. Previous experience of handling volume industrial disease or motor claims is preferable but not essential.
Solicitor – Disease (0-2yrs PQE)
- You will be working in a team of around 5 fee earners who work exclusively on defended claims.
- Your case load will be made up of both pre and post litigated industrial disease claims.The team handles a broad profile of cases including Noise Induced Hearing Loss (“”NIHL”) asbestos related injuries, Work Related Upper Limb (“WRULD”), Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (“HAVS”) and claims involving the Control of Hazardous Substance Regulations (“COSHH”).
- Your work will involve some supervision of junior members of the team and you will receive the required level of technical, system and firm specific training to complete the role.
Solicitors – Motor (0-2yrs PQE)
- You will be working in a team of around 10 fee earners dedicated to the defence of claims arising from road traffic accidents.
- You should have knowledge of and a demonstrable interest in motor PI claims resolution / litigation.
- You will provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of the high volume litigated motor cases, in strict adherence to the Service Level agreements.
- You will have a varied caseload of litigated claims with an appropriate level of supervision.
The successful candidate will also be expected to meet the following criteria.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Experience of working within a pressurised and deadline driven environment with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Have an outstanding eye for detail and be a confident communicator
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills.
- Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues
- Be responsible for managing all financial aspects of your caseload, including billing, WIP and debt management and accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information.