Based in Glasgow
Glasgow Corporate Partners
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join our successful Corporate Division. With 12 partners and 18 additional lawyers, we have the experience, knowledge, strength and depth to provide the corporate and commercial advice our clients need to achieve their objectives.
As part of the team, you will be involved in providing ongoing corporate and commercial advice to a wide range of private and public sector clients. In addition to sales and acquisitions and general corporate work, you can expect to be involved in advising clients on a wide range of complex and high-value matters including governance, property-based investment work, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations and in bespoke private wealth management for high net worth individuals. Our experienced team also advises on all aspects of private equity transactions including MBOs and MBIs, acting for equity providers, management teams and targets
You will be able to draw on the expertise of specialists from across our firm where necessary. Our Corporate team work in close collaboration with our tax, real estate, employment, banking and personal and family teams to deliver a complete service to our clients, who are active in almost every sector of the Scottish economy.
You will also play a key role in the growth of the business by building and maintaining effective client relationships and maintaining an active focus on business development.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a stimulating and creative working environment with market leaders in top-ranked teams. We offer a fantastic training programme with clearly defined career paths and our ambitious growth plans offer significant opportunities for career advancement.
Our transactions vary and work assignments will depend upon the specific instructions we have at any one time. The following are illustrative but you can expect to be involved in advising clients and project-managing deals involving:
- A wide range of corporate law matters, including start-ups, M&A transactions, private equity transactions, joint ventures, investments, reorganisations, shareholder/investment agreements and some AIM work
- Partnerships, LLPs and Scottish Limited Partnerships
- Advising clients on corporate governance issues such as director’s conflict of interest, board composition, trading issues and shareholder relations
- Advising clients on commercial contracts on occasion
- Providing corporate support to other teams within the firm
- Experience of dealing with complex and challenging issues
- Takes responsibility for managing own workload
- Works effectively with other team members and is able to supervise the work of those less qualified but can also work autonomously
- Committed to keeping up to date on changes in law and developments in practice area
- Works to understand the department’s key clients, the industry they operate in and the challenges they face
- Has excellent drafting skills and provides client advice that is well presented and tailored to their needs
- Maintains regular contact with the clients and shows understanding of the priorities for the client
- Active involvement in building the business through proactive business development activities linked to the department’s strategic plan
- Can work efficiently and to tight deadlines
- Communicates in a confident, clear commercially astute and relaxed way
- Takes pride in quality of work
- Takes responsibility for delivering quality client service
- Tailors approach according to client need/style
- Good communicator
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written skills
- Great legal knowledge
- Sound commercial awareness
- Proven track record in business development
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Able to work efficiently and deliver to deadline
- Strong commitment to first class service delivery
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number BR599. If you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact Suzanne Ross on 0131 656 0156
Brodies is committed to equality, diversity & the creation of an inclusive work environment where no partner, employee, potential employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment. We value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients.