3 to 5 years’ PQE
£neg + Benefits Package
Lindsays is a full-service law firm with a reputation for providing an excellent and outstanding service to clients. Our specialist teams offer a diverse range of services, allowing us to cater to the needs of a wide range of clients, whether individual or corporate.
We have a great opportunity for a litigation solicitor to join the Edinburgh team to assist in the provision of a full range of dispute resolution and litigation services. You will be expected to assist the team in advising clients on a wide range of contentious matters including commercial and property litigation, contractual disputes, and insolvency. You will have a good working knowledge of all forms of Dispute Resolution, and can expect to be involved in claims and disputes in the Sheriff Court and Court of Session.
There will be opportunities for development of your Advocacy skills, and scope to develop interests in Alternative Dispute Resolution.
This is a permanent role with core hours of 9am – 5pm, although flexi time is available.
Key responsibilities include:
- The provision of a quality service to clients in all varieties of contentious matters and Dispute Resolution.
- Attendance at Sheriff Courts throughout Scotland as reasonably required.
- Maintaining client contact, meeting with clients and addressing their daily needs and requirements.
- Supervision and mentoring of trainees and recently qualified solicitors
- Assist with Continuing Professional Development initiatives including in-house presentations
- Attending seminars and contributing to external seminars and trade press.
- Promotion of marketing initiatives, including cross selling of the firm’s services
- Active participation in all aspects of Business Development associated with the Firm
- Active involvement and contribution to all methods of social media as required by the team.
Key experience and skills required:
- Commercial approach
- Ability to form good working relations within the team and with Partners and staff
- Ability to work largely unsupervised
- Ability to manage caseload responsibly, competently and profitably
- Ability to manage workload and achieve set fee target
- Good personal organisation
- Demonstrate understanding of business requirements
- Good presentation skills
- Good understanding of and willingness to develop social media
If you are interested in applying for the above role and possess the relevant experience please send your CV, including a note of your current salary, to Pauline Dalbeck, HR Officer, Caledonian Exchange, 19A Canning Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8HE or email: email@example.com
Lindsays is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.