Competitive salary and benefits
Our award winning Clinical Negligence department have recently expanded into Edinburgh and due to rapid success are now seeking a talented Paralegal to support with high value, complex cases in order to develop the department further. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Paralegal to be part of the fledgling stages of an expanding team.
Our goal is to deliver exceptional, affordable legal services across the UK and your contribution at this exciting time will be paramount to the success of our firm and the services we provide.
- Supporting the Fee Earner on high value, challenging Clinical Negligence files
- Drafting documents and correspondence such as witness statements, letters of instruction, schedules of loss, instructions to counsel and orders
- Preparing court bundles
- Chasing documents such as medical records and reports
- Instructing experts
- You will have a passion for providing empathetic and exemplary client care and possess a keen interest in Clinical Negligence
- Knowledge and understanding of Scottish court procedure
- The ability to learn quickly and apply learning so you can work at pace and meet keen deadlines
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft office and ideally case management system experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to work using own initiative
- A good law degree or legal academic background such as ILEX study & LLM or LPC
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with a top International law firm.
Who we are:
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm. Our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services.
The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas.
As a law firm we fight to achieve the best outcomes and ensure that more people are able to access affordable legal services.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested in applying then please follow the online process. Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch. If you have any questions or would like more information please call 0161 383 3912.