Solicitor – Fixed Term, terminating on 31 March 2018
Wheatley House, 25 Cochrane Street, Glasgow, G1 1HL
£38,845 – £48,155 (dependant on experience)
Wheatley is Scotland’s leading housing, care and property-management group. It comprises six Registered Social Landlords, a care organisation and two commercial subsidiaries.
The Group spans 15 local authority areas across Central Scotland, providing homes and award-winning services to over 200,000 people.
The Wheatley family:
- GHA, Scotland’s largest social landlord, with almost 40,000 affordable homes in Glasgow;
- Dunedin Canmore, with almost 6,000 homes in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife, and a commercial arm, Dunedin Canmore Enterprise, providing property management, repairs and maintenance services;
- Cube Housing Association, with more than 3400 social homes across the West of Scotland;
- Loretto Housing, with more than 1200 affordable homes in the central belt;
- West Lothian Housing Partnership, with almost 400 affordable homes;
- Barony Housing Association which has 380 homes and provides care and support services to over 700 people from Edinburgh and the Lothians to Stirling and Falkirk;
- Loretto Care, which provides care and support services to more than 2000 people;
- YourPlace Property Management, Scotland’s “Feel Good Factor”, with more than 27,500 customers; and
- Lowther Homes, which manages a growing portfolio of almost 700 mid and full-market apartments from Glasgow’s West End to Leith.
Increasing the supply of quality, affordable homes which meet the needs and aspirations of our communities is a key focus for us over the next five years. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Property Legal Team for a lawyer to support property colleagues across the Group in meeting those objectives.
Working with the two lawyers in the team, the post-holder will enjoy a varied and challenging real estate portfolio. The core activity of the team is the provision of legal support to colleagues in the property division across Group to deliver our five – year asset growth strategy.
Required skills and experience: LLB Degree or equivalent; Diploma in Legal Practice or equivalent; Membership of the Law Society of Scotland with a current and unrestricted practising certificate; transactional real estate experience (preferably gained in a large firm environment); excellent communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and professional approach; proactive, reliable and adaptable attitude; ability to use initiative and to effectively manage own workload in fast paced multiple-client environment; ability to quickly establish solid client relationships and provide effective and pragmatic advice and guidance to colleagues at all levels in the Group; good team working skills with a demonstrable commitment to excellence in customer service and a flexible approach in meeting the changing demands and priorities of the Group.
For an application pack and detailed job profile, please email Recruitment@wheatley-group.com or call 0141 274 6555. For an informal chat about the post, please contact
Jane Valentine, Chief Counsel (Property), 0141 274 6317 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 17 November 2017