We have a role for a lawyer, on either (i) a temporary 6 to 12 month contract, to support the legal team in Edinburgh; or (ii) a permanent contract. The candidate should ideally be between 4 and 10 years qualified and meet the undernoted criteria:-
- Be experience in negotiating FIDIC Yellow book, LOGIC and construction contracts ideally with experience in negotiating offshore construction contracts.
- Have an understanding of knock for knock indemnities and the interface risks between various construction activities.
- Have strong drafting, negotiation and organisational skills;
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Be comfortable working on their own with an ability to make pragmatic decisions; and
- Be a team player as although the candidate will be expected to be able to work on their own they will also need to work as part of a cross departmental/international team.
The main responsibilities will be:-
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of construction documentation principally for works to be undertaken offshore.
- Analysis of complex and legal commercial issues arising from contract negotiations.
- Assisting with general legal enquiries from the business.
Please send CVs to Jose Ayala, HR Adviser at: firstname.lastname@example.org