35 hours per week
We are looking to recruit a permanent solicitor to join our Fitness to Practise department.
Working within a busy team you will:
- Investigate allegations about social service workers
- Assess evidence
- Carry out risk assessments and make decisions on them
- Conduct contentious Fitness to Practise hearings involving the leading of evidence and legal debates
- Conduct sheriff court appeals
- Draft written pleadings or equivalent
- Provide legal advice on the power, duties, procedures and responsibilities of the SSSC.
You must have:
- Eligibility to hold a full Practising Certificate issued by the Law Society of Scotland
- Experience of court, tribunal or regulatory appearance work
- Experience of interviewing witnesses and taking statements
- Experience of assessing or advising on risk
- Experience of assimilating, assessing and distilling complex and lengthy information.
You’ll find more information in the job description and person specification.
Find more information about us on our website and at facebook.com/thesssc and on Twitter @SSSCnews.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Monday 28 August 2017 quoting ‘Solicitor’ as the email subject.
Interviews are likely to be held in the first week of September.