Solicitor (2-4 years PQE), Litigation / Business Dispute and Asset Recovery (Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency) – Brodies
Solicitor (2-4 years PQE), Litigation / Business Dispute and Asset Recovery (Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency)
Based in Edinburgh
Rachel Grant, Partner
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a solicitor to join our well established and highly regarded corporate restructuring and insolvency team within the Business Dispute and Asset Recovery division of the Litigation Department. The primary focus of this role will be to advise on all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency. In addition the team deals with director disqualification, enforcement action (including proceeds of crime) and corporate and commercial disputes.
The team acts for a wide range of clients including banks and other lenders, insolvency practitioners, enforcement administrators, government departments, corporates, public and private organisations and individuals. The role will also include working with English firms on cross border assignments.
The applicant will be expected to focus on corporate restructuring and insolvency litigation and advisory work and must also have experience dealing with commercial disputes.
As part of the team you will also play a key role in the growth of the business by building and maintaining effective client relationships and maintaining an active focus on business development.
With guidance and support, the role holder will have the opportunity to experience a wide range of work as follows:
- This is a busy and demanding role and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to manage a complex, busy and demanding workload whilst striving to exceed the service requirements and expectations of clients.
- Taking responsibility for managing own workload and working effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Drafting applications for Court of Session and Sheriff Court
- Representing clients in Court of Session and Sheriff Court
- Actively seeking solutions through alternative forms of dispute resolution
- Communicating with clients in a confident and clear manner
- Providing clients with advice that is well presented and tailored to client needs
- Maintaining regular contact with clients and showing an understanding of the priorities for the client as well as the environment in which the client operates
- Working effectively with other team members
- Keeping fully up to date on changes in the law and developments in the practice area
- Actively participate in the business development activities of the team, department and firm.
- Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times
- Applicants should have a keen interest in the law and a broad understanding of a wide range of legal issues and principles
- Previous commercial and/or insolvency litigation experience
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm for corporate restructuring and insolvency work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Logical in approach
- Strong drafting skills
- Strong research skills
- Takes personal responsibility to keep legal knowledge up to date
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adapts style of communication appropriately when dealing with clients
- Shows understanding of client needs and tailors advice appropriately
- Ability to manage own case load
- Uses initiative and is a self starter
- Excellent knowledge of Brodies and the services it offers
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and driven
- Prepared, organised and able to prioritise
- Applied knowledge
- Commercial and Profit Focus
- Conduct and communication skills
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference number BR543. If you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact Suzanne Ross on 0131 656 0156
Brodies is committed to equality, diversity & the creation of an inclusive work environment where no partner, employee, potential employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment. We value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients.