Stronachs LLP has a depth of experience working with businesses operating across Scotland’s various agricultural and rural industries including diversification projects which are key to the future of landowners, estates, energy companies, manufacturers and food and drink producers. We are currently recruiting for a senior Solicitor to join our established Land & Rural Property team and deliver legal services to a variety of clients including estates, farms and rural businesses, lenders, family trusts and developers in the context of various property related matters including:-
- Purchase, sale and funding of estates and farms;
- Property issues arising from farming/estate activities;
- Commercial and non-commercial development of rural property, plot sales and options (including renewable energy projects);
- Agricultural holdings work and Trust conveyancing;
- Purchase, sale and management of sporting interests including salmon fishings and grouse moors;
- Advising farming partnerships and companies in relation to succession planning and related property aspects.
- Preparation of partnership agreements, grazing agreements and tenancies
The successful candidate will be a confident team player, self-motivated and ambitious with excellent attention to detail. Working to understand the department’s key clients and the challenges they face, the successful candidate will be expected to take responsibility for their own transactions and advice, subject to supervision. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential as is the ability to prioritise a varied workload. At least 4 years PQE working in a rural or commercial real estate role is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career in a professional and rewarding environment. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. Whilst the team is based in Aberdeen there are opportunities for the successful candidate to operate out of the Firm’s Inverness office.
If interested in applying for this role, please send a full CV and covering letter stating current remuneration to Anna Strong, Stronachs LLP, 34 Albyn Place, Aberdeen, AB10 1FW (firstname.lastname@example.org)