Specialist Information Governance Solicitor
Permanent, full-time 35 hour Monday – Friday with a requirement for flexibility and possible evening work
Location – Wheatley House, 25 Cochrane Street, Glasgow, G1 1HL
Salary – Competitive
Wheatley Group is Scotland’s leading housing, care and property-management organisation, delivering award-winning services to 200,000 people. The group includes:
- GHA, Scotland’s largest social landlord, with almost 40,000 affordable homes in Glasgow;
- Dunedin Canmore, with almost 6000 homes in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife;
- Cube Housing Association, with more than 3400 social homes across the West of Scotland;
- Loretto Housing, with more than 1200 affordable homes in the central belt;
- West Lothian Housing Partnership, with almost 400 affordable homes;
- Barony Housing Association which has 380 homes and provides care and support services to over 700 people from Edinburgh and the Lothians to Stirling and Falkirk;
- Loretto Care, which provides care and support services to more than 2000 people;
- YourPlace Property Management, Scotland’s “Feel Good Factor”, with more than 27,500 customers;
- and Lowther Homes, which manages a growing portfolio of almost 700 mid and full-market apartments from Glasgow’s West End to Leith.
Wheatley Group has a Group Governance team which is responsible for corporate governance, the group secretariat and information governance including Freedom of Information and Data Protection, escalated complaints and corporate compliance for all entities across the Group.
We are looking for a Specialist Information Governance Solicitor with considerable experience of Freedom of Information and Data Protection legislation and regulation. You should also have experience of the day-to-day management of Freedom of Information and Subject Access Requests.
You will be expected to play a key role in delivering an outstanding professional Information Governance service for the Group and will be involved in wider governance-related activities. You will also have extensive experience in direct strategic requirements and day-to-day management of Freedom of Information and Data Protection, preferably in a local authority, higher education, health or other highly regulated environment.
You will have responsibility for driving excellence in the Group’s Information Governance service. You must have an exceptional eye for detail, outstanding organisational skills, a passion for excellence and the ability to operate at a senior level in a complex and dynamic environment.
Experience of inspiring and motivating staff to achieve top results is essential, together with a commitment to working closely with our partner organisations and communities.
You must be a qualified solicitor, holding a current unrestricted practicing certificate to apply for this position.
Wheatley Group is committed to equality and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
For an informal, confidential chat, drop an email to Anthony Allison, Wheatley Assistant Director of Governance at email@example.com or call on 0141 274 6270.
Closing date: Friday 28 April, 5pm