Senior Solicitor or Associate (4+ years PQE) – Litigation – Insurance & Risk (Casualty and H&S Team) – Brodies LLP
Senior Solicitor or Associate (4+ years PQE) – Litigation – Insurance & Risk (Casualty and H&S Team)
Based in Glasgow or Edinburgh
Elena Fry and Peter Demick
We currently have a vacancy for an ambitious and experienced solicitor or associate to join our team. You will be responsible from day one for your own mixed caseload of defender personal injury and property damage claims, as well as supervising junior solicitors and paralegals.
The team represents defenders in the defence of the full spectrum of defender liability cases in the Court of Session and Sheriff Courts up and down the country.
You will handle your own caseload of files covering a broad spectrum of work including motor liability, employer’s liability and public liability as well as claims arising from damage to property and disease. You will also be involved in health and safety regulatory work including exposure to HSE and motor prosecutions, FAIs and work of an advisory nature.
You will act as the key liaison point between the wider team and the partner group providing an update on work volumes, complex cases and general client management matters.
You will demonstrate proven business development skills, will work with partners on client relationship management tasks and play a key role in delivering team strategic objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious candidate ready to assume real responsibility and develop their career in a full service law firm environment.
With guidance and support, the role holder will have the opportunity to experience a wide range of work as follows:
- Running large and complex motor, public and employer liability claims, to include immediate pre-litigation response
- Day to day supervision of team members, providing advice on strategy and tactics, and allocating work as appropriate
- Involvement in general management matters
- Property damage claims and advisory work
- Advocacy in the Sheriff Court
- Comply with firm’s time recording policy
- Operate within the firm’s case management system and assist with its continued development
- Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times.
- Proven track record of running defender liability cases
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Works effectively with other team members, and able to work as part of a team on larger cases
- Works to understand the department’s key clients, the industry they operate in and the challenges they face
- Has strong drafting skills and works in a logical manner
- Provides client advice that is well presented and tailored to their needs
- Maintains regular contact with the clients and shows understanding of the priorities for the client
- Communicates in a confident, clear and relaxed way
- Ability to prioritise their own workload and that of others
- Self motivated and driven
- Prepared, organised and able to prioritise
- Applied knowledge
- Commercial and Profit Focus
- Conduct and communication skills
- Leading & Developing Self & Others
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number BR540. If you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact Suzanne Ross on 0131 656 0156.
Brodies is committed to equality, diversity & the creation of an inclusive work environment where no partner, employee, potential employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment. We value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients.